Every year the DAVOS FESTIVAL Academy invites around 20 young musicians to take an active part in the DAVOS FESTIVAL – young artists in concert to further their professional, individual advanced training. This year’s Academy will take place from 3.–16. August in Davos, Switzerland.
Under the tuition of internationally renowned conductor and multiple prize winner Leo McFall selected participants in the DAVOS FESTIVAL Academy spend every day for two weeks in rehearsals, workshops and lectures, perfecting their art under the guidance of tutors, soloists, composers, established chamber music ensembles and the Festival’s advanced Young Artists.
All info on programme, scholarship and conditions can be found here: davosfestival.ch/akademie.
Open Academy positions in 2020
- 11 violins
- 4 violas
- 3 cellos
- 2 double basses
Requirements for all applicants
- in active musical training at a university or college, or graduated no more than two years ago (i.e. summer 2018)
- good command of English
- as a rule no more than 30 years of age
- participation in the DAVOS FESTIVAL Camerata or the Animato concert tour no more than three times
An excerpt from the repertoire
- Jacques Castérède (1926–2014)
Symphony No. 1
- Leoš Janáček (1854–1928)
Streichquartett Nr. 1 „Kreutzer-Sonate“, arr. für Streichorchester
- Paul Hindemith (1885–1963)
Trauermusik für Violoncello und Streichorchester
- Franz Liszt (1811–1886)
Malédiction für Klavier und Streichorchester, S. 121
- Pjotr Iljitsch Tschaikowski (1840–1893)
Souvenir de Florence
- Johannes Brahms (1833–1897)
Schicksalslied, op. 54
- 31 March 2020
Please share this information with musicians, students and others who might be interested and whom this is relevant to. Many thanks for spreading the word!
Photo © Yannick Andrea